Another treat of winter samosas. Home made aaloo matar samosa is more healthy because it does not contain trans fat. Try to make this at home . It’s time taking but anything for kids and health.
- 1/2 kg all purpose flour
- 1 bowl suji(semolina) soaked
- 1tsp of ajwain(carrom seeds) and mangrail(black caraway seeds)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 kg potatoes boiled and peeled
- 100 gm pees boiled and peeled
- 1tsp of cummin seeds, red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp mango powder
- vegetable oil for tadka and to fry samosas
- for garnish: curd, green chutney and red chutney
First make a dough as mathri ( recipe given earlier in blog). Mash all the potatoes and peas. Mux all spices except cummin seeds. Now make tadka of cummin seeds and saute mashed potatoes mixture very well. Leave it to get cool.
Now make small balls from dough and roll with rolling pin of 4 diameter and cut it half. Take half portion and apply some water on sides and make a cone and fill the stuffing and close it now deep fry at medium flame.
Now garnish it with curd, green chutney and red chutney. And serve the hot spicy chaat.